Introduction to sewing 22/6/2022 -Workshop
Our beginner workshops are perfect for those who have never sewn before or haven't sewn in a long time and need a refresher.
Our beginner workshops will cover the following:
- Get to know your machine
- Threading the machine and winding a bobbin
- Changing needles
- Simple sewing stitches
- Sewing tools we recommend to get you started
- How to read a PDF pattern
- Introduction to using an overlocker
- We'll show you how to make a tote bag and machine pencil case for your tools
What do you need to bring?
- Your sewing machine, including the power cord and foot pedal
- Your machine accessories and feet
- Sewing kit (scissors, unpicker, universal machine needles, pins, measuring tape, air erasable pen, and thread). We have sewing kits available to purchase or add to your booking.
- Enclosed shoes are a must.
What is included in our workshops?
- All Fabric
- handouts and a PDF pattern to take home
- Tea/Coffee and light refreshments
- 4 hours of fun and laughter
Hire a sewing machine
* We have a limited number of sewing machines available for hire for those who don't have a machine, but you'll need to get in quick to hire one!
Our workshops are held at our North Lakes warehouse on Brisbane's north side.
*Dates and times are subject to change at our discretion. All registered attendees will be notified and given priority to rebook.
*Cancellations are not accepted as bookings are non-refundable. Bookings can be rescheduled to the next available workshop if you are unable to attend.